Bison Board Panels
- Reviews (0)
This multipurpose building board – a proven product in countries around the world was introduced in India by NCL with technology imported from Bison Werke of Germany. Bison contains no hazardous material like Asbestos or Formaldehyde. Its process dust is harmless.
Bison Panel is a cement bonded particle board made out of 62% cement & 28% wood. The wood used is of fast-growing species like Eucalyptus & Poplar. Due to adoption of a special manufacturing process, the panel acquires the strength & durability of cement, & the easy workability of wood – a combination of qualities absent in other boards. Cement is strong & durable, & is not affected by fire, weather, termites, etc. Wood is light & strong, & is easily machinable. As the wood particles in the board are mineralized with chemicals during the manufacturing process, the particles become termite & vermin resistant.
Bison Panel is first choice of the Architects, designers, developers and all households because of its properties of termite, fire and moisture resistance. It is strong as cement, durable and easy to work like wood. Added advantage is its sound insulation.
Bison Panel has innumerable applications – it can be used in all places where an ordinary particle board can be used. For example, Bison can be used for wall partitions, false ceilings, doors, wall claddings, flooring, kitchen platforms, table tops, stair cases, louvers, cabinets, cabins, & many more.
The boards are fire, water, weather, termite, & vermin resistant, & achieve both dimensional & chemical stability over a long construction period. Bison Panel confirms to I.S. 14276 / 2016. Further, Bison can be used for the construction of fire resistant building elements to satisfy the criteria of I.S.O. 834-1975 & I.S. 3809 – 1979 for 1/2 hour to 4 hours fire rating. Bison is ecofriendly with IGBC certificate & GRIHA / SVAGRIHA compliance.
There are two factories where Bison is manufactured to meet the demand of Bison products across India. One of these factories is located at Paunta Sahib in Himachal Pradesh and the other at Boards Plant, Mattapally, Telangana.
Wall Cladding (Double Skin)
Recommended thicknesses: 10mm, 12mm & 14mm
- Wall cladding procedure is similar to exterior wall procedure i.e. sliding frame method. If provision for bottom and top track fixing is not possible, a box section or a hat profile may run along the wall for fixing the U – tracks.
Bison Panel Wall Siding
Recommended thickness: 12mm, 14mm & 16mm
- Panel sidings present a majestic and oriental look for the building walls. The sidings can be made with 8” to 12” widths in suitable lengths.
- C Studs or timber studs, 2 feet or 610mm apart can be screwed to the structure. The installation can be done with an overlap of 30 to 50 mm.
- For bottom most strip, suitable packing equal to the thickness of the board strip can be given on the support to get required elevation. If required 8mm thick Bison panel can be used as underlay.
Roof Underlays or Decking
Recommended thicknesses: 8mm & 10mm
- Used for roof underlays or decking for fixing tiles or shingles.
- Roof under lays will serve to offer better thermal comfort and sound reduction. The panels are fixed on purlins over trusses spaced at designed intervals. C Sections, Box Sections or Timber Studs can be used as purlins.
- However, spacing of trusses and purlins will have to be decided on the covering material used and as per the structural designer’s recommendations.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.